Saturday, December 22, 2007

Daring Bakers challenge - a work in progress...

If anyone's dropping by to see my results for the latest Daring Bakers challenge (hi!), please, please, please come back tomorrow for the finished item :-)

The yule log has just gone into the fridge to firm up (only a bit of cracking at each end, phew!) and I'm now off to whip up some meringue mushrooms.

But here are the results so far...

The genoise sponge topped off with some berry jam and chocolate buttercream:

The finished roll, ready to go into the fridge for the night:

Update: I've just realised what time it is and the mushrooms are going to take about an hour and a half to make. Think I might tackle them in the morning with a fresh brain!

2 comments:

winedeb said...

Lookin' good Jen! Stopped by to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
My best,
Deb:)

jenny said...

Cheers Winedeb!

A very merry Christmas to you and yours :-)